Saturday, February 10, 2007

Detail Details Details

So far I would say 99% of the readers have shown that they love my story. Until now, the only complaints are that it doesn't cum ...err, come fast enough, and that Bill should be the only one to get the girls. I have gotten a complaint about the level of detail I use. I will explain here why I do that.

First off, as a new writer I am still learning how to write. If I were writing a mainstream novel, I would suck. As a writer of erotica, I still suck, but I'm learning. The way this story is coming to me is like watching a TV show. I see the scene in my head and I write about it.

The level of detail I use is to get the reader to see what I do. When Bill places his hand on a breast, he feels it, so I detail that feeling. If he is getting ready to drive the RV, he has a routine he has to do before he can move it. Sure I could skip all that and let you, the reader assume that he did all of that, but in a day to day story such as this, we all do repetitive mundane things. That's life.

I hate to lose readers for any reason, but I like showing the details even though they may be tedious at times. If you don't like that, just skip to the sex parts if that is all you want out of a story. I confess I have done it while reading a few stories myself.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel the need to explain.

Salute!

No comments: