This is how I make it:
I get my roast from Wal-mart. I am not sure of the brand, just make sure it says Sirloin Tip.
Salt and spice to taste. Just make sure not to overdo the salt. The spice I use is called Carnival Seasons. It is made by the folks at Tony Chachere's. You can find the website here: http://www.tonychachere.com/ Any spice like Tony's is fine.
I use a Magnalite oval pot. sort of like a dutch oven. I pour some canola oil on the bottom. Maybe about 1/4 cup or less depending on the size of the roast. After the meat is spiced you roll it in the oil and place the pot cover on it.
Put it in the oven at about 375 degrees. I flip it every 45 minutes or so. Keep doing this until it turns dark, almost black. You will see a dark tar like residue on the sides of the pot. This can take a few hours depending on the oven. Chop up a large onion and put aside. When meat is dark as stated before, take it out of the oven and place it on the stove top at a medium heat. Pour in the chopped onions and sautéed them until they are wilted.
Add water to make a gravy. I usually start with about 1 1/2 cups of water and let it simmer, add more as needed. You can add some Kitchen Bouquet to it to darken if needed. The tar will melt into the water to make the gravy. I know that in certain parts of the country folks don't eat rice with gravy on it, but I do.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you have any questions email me.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love a man who can cook well! Even better if he's NAKED! yum...
(I know, I am a shameless flirt. But what the fuck? It's just the internet, right?)
~Gia
Hehe, I tried to cook naked once. Like an idiot I was frying some Redfish. Never again. Took a while for the swelling to go down. And not where you think.
The thing I am best known for is my bread. It's all made by hand. I have some pans I had to order from France that I use. Yummy!
Saw your last post on your blog. Yeah I get requests for naked pics too, very annoying! Just kidding. The requests are for the pics I created of my characters. Some of these guys want me to create the sex scenes on my computer. Like I can compete with their imagination.
I was curious though what you thought of them.
Hope you get better soon.
Love and licks!
BP
Post a Comment